One stamp, four ways – Penny Black Spring Day

Happy Sunday friends!

I’ve been making Easter cards for the past couple of weekends now – they are such fun to make, especially after last year when I only made a few…

Penny Black kindly sent me a fabulous Easter stamp set from their Daydream collection – it’s called….Spring Day (30-805). I could not wait to start creating with it!

Now, this is a big stamp, especially for me – I’m a CAS cardmaker, I rarely use large images and I love all my white space. but I also love stretching my supplies and I knew this stamp had a LOT of possibilities!

First of all, I created a card using a ‘regular’ card base – UK A6 size (4.1″x 5.8″). As the image takes up almost the whole card base, I decided to leave the background completely white… although I really wanted to add some green splatters… I may still do that! The sentiment is from the Banner Sentiments set (30-423).

When I want to use large stamps for a CAS card, I usually increase the card dimensions. My next card uses a 7″x5″ base but I still wanted more white space…. So, I created an oval mask and stamped a section of the image. I coloured the image with distress inks and Twinkling H2Os before removing the mask. The sentiment from the Spring Day set; I simply masked off the words as I stamped them – there is no way I can ever bring myself to cut a stamp, especially a brand new one!!

My third card uses LOTS of masking again! My card base is 5.5″ square and I masked a rectangular section before stamping part of the image. Then I masked off the image itself. The flowers and eggs are actually really easy to fussy cut; I didn’t worry about masking the stems. Then I gently blended some Pumice Stone distress ink before stamping the Brick Wall background stamp (40-137) using Pumice Stone distress oxide. I waited for the ink to dry before removing the masks and colouring the image. To complete my card, I added the sentiment from the stamp set.

My final card (A6 size again) uses a frame from one of my favourite Penny Black die sets (Dainty Dashes – 51-636) and more masking. I actually stamped part of the image a second time so that I could get three egg images under the daffodil rather than two…. In hindsight, I wish I’d coloured that egg in purple or orange or any other colour as it doesn’t really stand out from the very light blue wash that I applied to the background….

Thanks for stopping by!

LucieG.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.